Friday, November 4, 2011

Mr. Ube Rice and Noodle House by Eng Bee Tin


    We were along St. Luke's Medical Center at Quezon City that day to buy some stuff when I spotted this small but striking purple building called "Mr. Ube". I love Ube (purple yam) and I was even munching on my Ube Hopia so this place really intrigued me. 


     
     Moving closer we realized that it was a rice and noodle place owned by the famous Eng Bee Tin a.k.a the best makers of hopia in the planet. It was already past 1:00 pm and we haven't had lunch yet, so I told my dad and sis that we should eat there.


     When we went inside we were greeted by rows and rows of Eng Bee Tin products opposite a see through kitchen. I was already drooling at that time at the sight of noodles. The place was tiny with only a few tables to accommodate diners and sadly it was full. The manager realized I was looking for a vacant spot and so informed me to wait for maybe 10 mins. We were already hungry at that time so my dad decided to just eat at the next fast food chain, Mang Inasal. I was so dissappointed that I lost my appetite and only ordered Saging melt.



     My sis did cheer me up by purchasing a bag of Hopia Pina (pineapple), my favorite, and so we drove home filling up my disappointed appetite.


     I will definitely go and visit Mr. Ube one of these days. They also have another branch at Ongpin St., Binondo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...