Thursday, June 21, 2012

Avocado Banana Float

     Avocado season is in, piles of green and purple are just piling up in markets everywhere I didn't to the pass the opportunity to use them. I love avocados, especially mashed put with ice and milk. Uhmmmm reminds me of my childhood.

     I have had a fascination with making an avocado dessert after I came across an avocado pie recipe last year, and even more recently, a chocolate-avocado cake. Dubbing them as nature's butter made me even more excited in making one. But since I'm putting myself in a baking hiatus for a while (after consuming a lot of pie crusts and whipped cream over the past few weeks), I decided to make a calorie-friendly dessert. And banana float came to mind. I just simply replace the cream with avocado.
      

     I have to say, I had my doubts about the avocado-banana combo, but after 2 hours of chilling it turned out really REALLY good. Floats are often "heavy" desserts because of the cream, but the avocado was just light and subtle and complimented the bananas quite lovely.  

Ingredients:
  1 avocado
  1/2 - 3/4 cup condensed milk (more/less according to taste)
  bananas, sliced
  graham crackers

Cooking instructions:
  1. Puree the avocado until smooth in a food processor.
  2. Add condensed milk according to desired sweetness.
  3. Arrange graham crackers in a container and assemble graham-banana-avocado layers.
  4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...