2 chicken breast fillets (about 500 grams)
flour for breading
1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
1 large onion, quartered
a handful of carrot strips (from leftover carrots)
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/2 thumb ginger, sliced
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the chicken fillets into strips, season with salt and pepper.
2. Bread with flour and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels, set aside.
3. Saute garlic and ginger. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir fry.
4. Mix all ingredients for the sauce thoroughly. Add to the vegetables.
5. Thicken the sauce and add the chicken strips.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.