Monday, June 25, 2012

Afternoon delight

     To my big surprise, the Avocado Banana Float I made impressed a lot of my friends that my high school buddy, after seeing the photo I posted online, made one and actually liked it. I was flattered that somehow I was able to influence people with my experiments.

    Yesterday I wanted to make the said float again for dessert since I still had an avocado left, but when I cut the avocado I was so disappointed to see that in just a period of 2 days (in the fridge even) it was already too overripe. Boohoo. So once again was I made to do with whatever I had. And what I had was 6 pcs graham crackers, 1/3 cup condensed milk and a bunch of bananas. Hmmmm...


     So with a little bit of ingenuity I was able to whip up Banana Cream Trifle good for 2. I didn't have to add any sugar since the condensed milk was already sweet enough even with the water. The sweetness of the banana with the pudding and the creaminess of the whipped topping together with the light crunch of the crackers was just sheer perfection. 

Ingredients:
  bananas, sliced
  graham crackers, roughly crushed
  1 cup milk (mine was 1/3 cup condensed milk + water to make a cup)
  1 egg yolk
  1/2 tsp vanilla
  1 tbsp flour
  whipped topping

Cooking instructions:
  1. Mix milk, egg yolk and flour in a small saucepan.
  2. Heat in medium heat while whisking until thick.
  3. Turn of heat and add vanilla. Cool while whisking until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
  4. In a glass, layer the bottom with graham crackers.
  5. Add the milk mixture, bananas, graham crackers and so on.
  6. Top with whipped topping and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.

     Best served immediately while the crackers are still crunchy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...