It was a boring morning and I was craving for some cake but was too lazy to go out and buy the necessary ingredients. Decided to just settle for whatever was lying around: 2 overripe bananas. Thought I would just make some banana bread, but then I had oatmeal so maybe oatmeal banana bread. Then I found an apple in the fridge so yeah.
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup lemon water (1/2 cup water + 2 tbsp lemon juice)
2 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cup diced apples
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. In a bowl, pour boiling water on oatmeal and let it sit for 20 mins.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the soaked oatmeal, lemon water, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat to incorporate.
3. Sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Fold in apples.
5. Pour into desired pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Ate them warm as I was hungry and topped it with some whipped cream. yummm.