In school, vendors would wrap them in banana leaves and we would eat them using popsicle sticks. I would always tell the vendor to add more of that sweet sugary topping. Yummmm! Oh how I miss high school.
toasty and nutty topping, tastes like peanut butter
2 cups glutinous rice flour
1 cup water
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Combine 2 cups of glutinous rice flour and 1 cup of water until you form a dough.
2. Roll into 1-inch balls and press the center to flatten.
3. Drop the dough into a pot of boiling water and remove as soon as it floats.
5. For the topping, toast the sesame seeds.
6. Grind in a food processor the toasted sesame seeds and the brown sugar until smooth. Adjust the amount according to your taste.