Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sunday Lunch

     On Sundays our house helper goes on a day off so the day's chores are thrown at my lap which includes cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes and feeding the dog. Not that I complain, I like to cook, especially when I feel confident about what I'm making.

     Well since it's just me and my dad, I didn't want to make elaborate meals with lots of leftovers, so for months now I only make my 30-minute spaghetti which is easy breezy and is good enough for Sunday lunch, afternoon snack and even dinner.

     Sadly today we didn't have any tomato sauce and I was too lazy to go to the supermarket so I settled with whatever I can use. 


     I made Honey Grilled Chicken and  Corn Slaw. I don't have a recipe for this since I made them in a trial and error basis but here are the ingredients that I used.

Honey grilled chicken
  chicken
  soy sauce
  calamansi juice (lime juice)
  garlic, crushed
  ketchup
  honey
  worcestershire sauce

Corn Slaw
  cabbage, chopped
  carrots, grated
  corn kernels
  pickle relish
  onion, diced
  mayonnaise
  salt and sugar



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...